Thursday, March 11, 2010

Day 2 Conchusca, pull the plug

"There is that moment when everything that you have ever learned, within the time you have walked on the earth, comes together in one defining moment that makes sense of everything.  In that moment you leave your learning vessel.  In this moment you are released from your personal hell and are rewarded.  You were placed on a road, and it was up to you to follow it.  You will have been directed down other passages that promise to be short cuts or better ways, but this is not so.  Only you and what is in yourself can know what that road is and where it leads.
As you set forth, my children, know that when the final moments come and some of you have been cast down to the darkness; I will shed no tears for you.  I will feel no sympathy once I hear your screams of agony as the black flames lick upon your naked bodies.  I will be saved, and you shall suffer, and for that I will be glad.  Glad that I gave you the chance, and for that I am rewarded; whilest your own ignorance leaves you without hope.  I will be none the wiser as..."
The scarlet robed figure suddenly stopped talking as the chime of bells could be heard echoing through the domed ceilings of the temple.  No more words were spoken.  The man simply set his hands fall beside himself and walked down the center asle of pews and out of the huge wooden double doors.
Talking and the hustling of bodies suddenly broke out within the halls.  It was hard being a student of the faith.  You had to get references from all of your past employers and teachers.  You also had to make a certain sacrifice. 

You can't know what that was.  I can't tell you.  I wish I could, but...
Anyway.  Don't wake up yet.  I know that you want to, but don't... Just keep your eyes closed for a little longer...

The young men and women found themselves funneling out of the open doors through all four walls of the temple.

You see that?  Of course you don't see that, but don't open your eyes.  Wait for it.  Please just wait for it... Don't do it?

There was a scream.  Not any common day scream.  The blood curdling scream that fills your dreams to the brim with fright for months on end.  The kind that you never forget.

Your faith is a lie.

Orwell's Big Brother was just the beginning.

You read most of this and thought you knew what you were reading.

You don't understand anything.  You will never amount to anything.

Open your eyes now.  Did you understand anything that you just read?

"Ah... I am sorry Ms. Conchusca.  I have no idea what I just read."

"You are not trying, Alex.  You have to read not only the words but the tone and characteristics of what the author was trying to get you to understand."

"Well I promise that I will have this essay written by Tuesday."

"You better.  See you then Alex."

A scarlet robed figure walked into the office.  "Conchusca, pull the plug."

No comments:

Post a Comment